In addition to having made these goodies, I also got a baking gift. I was feeling really lousy Sunday (let’s just say I had a little too much fun Saturday night), so the boy ran errands and entertained himself in the afternoon. He said that on his trip to Borders, he saw something he couldn’t resist getting me. I hate when he spends money on me, but it did really brighten my porcelain-god worshipping day. The gift was 2 little books: one on cookies and bars, the other on muffins. Since I lack self rising flour and the boy doesn’t like fruity muffins, I didn’t use it last night, but trust me I will.
Instead I made the smores cupcakes. I used the graham cracker cupcake recipe from vanilla and garlic’s post about key lime pie cupcakes. I then frosted with the chocolate glaze from the terry’s chocolate orange cake, but replaced the orange juice with about 4 tablespoons marshmallow fluff. Voila. Graham Cracker Cupcakes with Chocolate Marshmallow Glaze- AKA Smores Cupcakes.
Tips for next time: do NOT overfill the cupcake holders. I left space at the top of mine yet the majority still overflowed. Those were not pretty, but they still tasted good, so after breaking off the dough avalanches, I still frosted them and brought them to work. Some made it without overflow, though! I may make these as full size next time, but make more frosting to cover them.
After having 2 of the mini cupcakes, one of my coworkers asked for the recipe. Below is exactly what I sent to her (without the pics).
Makes 12-14 cupcakes / 350 F oven
What You’ll Need...
1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
1 cup of sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup of milk
1 cup of flour
1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/8 teaspoon of salt
What You’ll Do...
1) Beat the butter for about 30 seconds until well creamed. Add the sugar and mix for 3 minutes using a paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
2) Add the eggs, one at a time, being sure to beat for 30 seconds for each egg.
3) Place graham crackers in a food processor or in a plastic bag and beat the crud out of them until it's been ground into small crumbs and powder.
4) Sift together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and powder, and salt. Add about 1/4 of the mixture to the butter mixture, then add some of the milk. Continue to add the ingredients in a dry-wet-dry method, ending with the dry. Continue to mix until just combined.
5) Scoop into cupcake papers and bake for 15-18 minutes in a 350 F oven or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Notes: Made 35 mini cupcakes, baked for about 12 min. Do not overfill as these really poofed up and overflowed for me.
Chocolate Marshmallow Glaze
1 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp light corn syrup
3-4 TBSP marshmallow fluff
Combine chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until well combined about 2-3 minute. Remove from heat and stir in marshmallow fluff. Glaze your cooled cupcakes.
Notes: This only allows for a light covering of the cupcakes. If you like a lot of frosting, multiply it by 1 ½