Each time I have made this I halved in and baked in a 9" round cake pan or an 8x8 cake pan. If you make the whole recipe, use a 9x13 pan I think. The entire recipe should make about 6-8 servings.
- 1 package uncooked rotini
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- dried parsley, basil and oregano to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 2/3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotini, and cook until al dente. Drain, and place in the prepared baking dish. Add turkey.
- Melt butter with garlic, pepper and parsley/oregano/basil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly for a minute or so until a thick roux forms. Mix in chicken broth and milk. Cook and stir until the mixture comes to a boil. Stir in about 1 1/3 cups Parmesan cheese, and remove from heat.
- Mix chicken broth mixture (to taste: I used about 1/2 of it, but other people prefer theirs saucier and should use more) with rotini and turkey. Top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until surface is lightly browned.