Saturday, December 15, 2007

Banana Bread

Told you I would be back! Between last night's belated Hanukkah dinner and this afternoon's family gathering at the boy's, I have squished in using my squished bananas! From very over ripe bananas I have made a delicious and tender, sweet but not overly sweet banana bread
I have made this banana bread a ton of times and would not change a thing. One thing to be aware of is the baking time. I have had it done in as little as 20 min and sometimes it takes as long as an hour. I think it depends on how big your bananas were. No matter how long it takes to bake, it tastes great.
Banana Bread
3 large bananas, mashed
1 egg
1 stick butter, melted
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together using an electric mixer. Trust me, from personal experience, it does not work with a whisk or spoon. When well combined, pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 20-60 min (30 min is average) until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.

No comments: