previously mentioned, the boy does not like veggies. Broccoli: yes. Green beans: maybe. Anything else green (or purple, or orange...): no. So when I told him we were having asparagus tonight, he made a face, joked about the smell it would cause, and got out of the kitchen.
When dinner was served I asked what he thought. The response? "It's edible."
I'll take it!!
Roasted Asparagus-adapted from Food Network Magazine
- 1lb asparagus
- 1/2 TBSP olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 TBSP pine nuts (optional)
- 2 TBSP chapped fresh parsley
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 450. Trim asparagus. Toss with oil, salt and pepper on baking sheet. Roast until just starting to brown, 10 minutes.
- Mix pine nuts (if using), parsley, lemon zest and salt and pepper. Sprinkle over asparagus.