Monday, July 21, 2008

Roasted Red Pepper Chicken


I think this is another miracle recipe where you can do anything you want to butcher it, yet it still tastes great! This meal was from, or at based off of A Piquillo Pepper Chicken with Spanish Rice from the Everyday with Rachael Ray mag. I say "based off of" because I did not make the spanish rice, I used roasted red peppers, I used white wine instead of sherry, I all but eliminated the butter, AND I used dried parsley. Yet, we loved it. Like a lot of R.R. recipes, this one works great as is, or as an idea to work with to your preferences and availability. I am going to just list the recipe as we had it below.
I am entering this in Eat Healthy: Protein Rich for its 14.5 g or protein per serving.

Roasted Red Pepper Chicken
4 servings
* 2 cups rice
*4 cups water
* 2 TBSP Olive Oil
*4 boneless, skinless chicken cutletts
* Salt and pepper
* 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained well and sliced
* 1/2 cup white wine
* 1/2 tablespoon butter
* 1TBSP dried parsley, divided
* A handful of sliced almonds, lightly toasted

Preparation

Cook rice with water to package instructions.

While the rice cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Remove the chicken and reserve. Add the peppers to the pan and heat them through. Add the wine to the pan and reduce for a minute or two. Add the butter and half of the parsley to the skillet, then turn off the heat and stir to melt the butter.

Cut chicken into strips and place atop rice. Spoon the peppers and sauce over chicken. Add the remaining parsley and almonds on top.

No comments: