If you take the chicken and put it in a ziploc bag, you can pour the pesto in and then freeze it. Then, just defrost it overnight, put it on the baking sheet and continue as directed.
Baked Pesto Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken cutlets
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 2-3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Place chicken on pan and spoon pesto over it. Once all chicken cutlets have pesto on them, smooth the pesto all over the surface (do this afterward so that you don't contaminate the pesto)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove from oven; top with tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I am entering this pesto chicken into Foodie Films: Italian.