Monday, March 3, 2008

Prawn and New Potato Stew

Well...it was easy...and it was different. It was just, well...way too spicy to even taste. I dunno what to do with this recipe. Half of me wants to never try it again and the other half of me wants to try to tweak it to make it a good recipe. I just am not sure if it is beyond saving.
If I were to make it again I would not use the tomato and chilli sauce, but just tomato, onion, garlic and cilantro sauce instead. The chilli sauce completely overpowered any other flavor in the dish, even with bland potatoes and bread to calm it down slightly.So, try it at your own risk. The tesxture was good, just try to work with the taste. If I try it again I will post an update.Prawn and New Potato Stew
1 1/2 lbs potatoes, either small new potatoes, or regular potatoes quartered
12 oz jar tomato and chilli sauce (I used 1 6 oz can of tomato chilli sauce and 1 6 oz can of tomato sauce with cilantro, onion and garlic, but owuld omit the chilli one next time)
11 oz cooked, peeled prawns (shrimp), thawed and drained if frozen

1. Cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 min, until tender. Drain and return to pan.
2. Add 6 TBSP water. Bring to boil. reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 5 min.
3. Stir in the prawns and heat briefly until they are warmed through. Spoon into shallow bowls and serve, sprinkled with cilantro.

No comments: