Monday, March 3, 2008

Soy Marinated Chicken

I really liked this recipe. Very easy and tasy. Worked well served over rice with steamed broccoli. This time I accidentally used chicken I had pre-cut into stirfry pieces, forgetting it was supposed to be a whole breast. I had to change the cooking time, but I will post the reccomended time here. next time I will use the whole breast method to better the presentation, but otherwise, great.
Soy Marinated Chicken
4 chicken breasts
1 large orange
2 TBSP soy sauce
broccoli and rice to serve

1. Slash each chicken portion diagonally and place them in a singel layer in a shallow, ovenproof dish. Halve the orange. Squeeze the juice from one half and miz it with the soy sauce. Pour this over the chicken. Leave to marinate for several hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F. Turn the chicken over, then bake, uncovered, for 20 min. Turn the chicken over again and bake for a further 15 min, or until cooked through.
3. Serve chicken and cooking juices over rice and broccoli.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!!!

Nothing to do with this recipe but on your souffle. Where did you buy the cream of tartar? Do you know which shops sell? thks!