In recent years, I have especially come to love the sweet and smoky taste of roasted red peppers. OMG! So delicious! They are naturally sweet, with a flame charred background flavor. And who can argue against something being flame charred?For the engagement party, I am making roasted red pepper dip, and, much like I was when I was younger, both J and O'L feared the heat of peppers. Don't worry guys, it is just sweet and smoky, with just the slightest bit of tang...oh, and a LOT of cheese! And, who has a problem with sweet, smoky and cheesy? Certainly not me!
Just a warning, this dip is addictive. You can and will spread it on any bread, cracker, maybe vegetables, and as my kosher for passover room mate showed, even matzoh! It really is that good.
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package finely shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and Worcestershire sauce, using a hand mixer.
- Process peppers in food processor until in small pieces. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Scoop into a bowl, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Serve with breads and crackers.