So I am more than a little behind on posting this one. It is another one from the old picture folder of "remember that time I hosted an engagement party?" This was the version of pasta salad I decided to do. No Italian dressing here! It is covered in flavors of lime, cilantro and cumin. I really enjoyed it, and, an added bonus, the dressing for the salad also makes a great chicken marinade. It is definitely best fresh, but can be stored (w/o the cilantro) overnight in the fridge if you want.
I'm entering this South Western take on pasta salad into the newest Recipe Remix. Enjoy!
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package gimelli pasta
- just under 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- just under 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder, to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup chopped roma (plum) tomatoes
- green onions
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl combine oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and garlic. Stir in pasta and set aside to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn, beans, green pepper, red pepper and 1/2 of the cilantro leaves. Spoon onto a platter and garnish with tomatoes and remaining cilantro and green onions. Serve chilled or at room temperature.