I made these a long time ago and I have no clue why I have not made them since. Imagine: brownies. Good. Brownies with caramel. Better. Brownies with caramel Irish cream liqueur. BEST. The only person who didn't like these was a person who hates Bailey's already, but if you have any inclination to like Bailey's you will LOVE these.
Irish Brownies (Adapted from the Treasury of Home Baking cookbook)
4 oz chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur (I used the Bailey's Creme Caramel)
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Irish Cream Frosting (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8 inch square pan.
2. Melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
3. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, with wire whisk. Whisk in Liqueur.
4. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Stir into chocolate mixture just until blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
5. Bake 22-25 min. Cool completely before frosting.Irish Cream Frosting
1/4 cup (2oz) cream cheese
2 TBSP butter, softened
3 TBSP Irish cream liqueur
~1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (I almost always use less than whatever is recommended because I don't want it too sweet)
Optional: Chocolate shavings
Beat cream cheese and butter in a small bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in liqueur. Gradually beat in sugar until smooth. Spread on cooled brownies. Chill at least 1 hour until set before serving. Can top with chocolate shavings